Tuesday, October 18, 2011

October

October has been a full month. Full of ups, and full of downs!

I lost my dear old dog, Rose, this month. I'm so sad to have lost such a wonderful, calm, loyal and loving dog! She lived to 11 1/2 years old and I've had her since I was 17 years old. She has been my loyal friend and shoulder to cry on through high school, college, Matt's deployment, marriage, and kids #1 and 2. I doubt I will ever have another dog as wonderful as she was, and the house is now too quiet without her. We miss you already, Rose, thanks for your years of loving my family!

On the upside, Libby is now potty trained. Other than pull-ups at night, she wears panties all the time and is doing a fantastic job of keeping them dry! It's still hard for me to believe that she is officially potty trained, but it's wonderful to not have to change one set of diapers/pull-ups.
She is growing up too fast! The downside of potty training a girl: she got a UTI. Not fun, not at all! She's better now, though, and I hope life will settle back into it's normal pace.

We've had a fun fall, so far. Libby loves pointing to leaves falling from trees or seeing pumpkins set up in a fall display and declaring, "It's fall time, Mom!" She's learning the seasons now and I'm so glad for her to understand one of my favorites!

We went on a bike ride in Townsend with my Mom and then went to get a pumpkin on the way to Pigeon Forge, where we then went to the Chrismas store and had a blast!








Ty was dedicated a couple Sundays ago at our church.
My dear Ty, may you grow to be a godly man who loves the Lord with all your heart. Obedient to your parents, a faithful friend, a strong leader like your Dad. May the Lord grant us wisdom in raising and training you and may the Spirit fill you with all his gifts and fruits. Love you, son! 

More pics to come from our camping trip and bike ride on the Virginia Creeper!

No comments: